You have an external (or internal) hard drive that has been formatted using the "ext3" filesystem for Linux. Unfortunately, Windows cannot read ext3 natively.
The program "Ext2 IFS" (despite its name) has the ability to display your ext3 formatted hard drive in Windows XP.
1. Navigate to: http://www.fs-driver.org/
2. Download the executable file.
3. Connect your ext3 formatted hard drive
4. Install the Ext2 IFS executable.
5. Follow the prompts and you should be able to see your drive in the windows explorer.
Till now I have not had any problems with this and I have been able to use this tool for everything from copying files to watching movies.
Create Oscar-Worthy Movie Scripts With Celtx
4 years ago